Charger R/T (question from Bulgaria)

Dodge-Forum

Help Support Dodge-Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone,
I have two questions regarding the vehicle i want to purchase - Charger R/T 2015.

1. From various websites i can see that the fuel consumption in the city is around 15-16 mpg, but that is on usa roads. What is the fuel consumption here in EU ? Taking in mind that we have a higher octane petrol.

2. Buying from USA means that the car's rear lights should be converted from red to yellow. I heard that there is a problem with the radio and the navigation system as well. So since AEC are offering dodge cars for European market, does that mean that we can easily swap parts? As the AEC charger comes with yellow turn signals.

Thanks in advance and i hope there are English speaking members here that can help me out

My RAM is from AEC and is fully converted for the European market including navigation and radio.
And yes, you can easily swap parts.
In addition you find a lot of repair shops specialized on conversion of vehicles.

Maybe you should start with an introduction of your self in the welcome board
;)

MPG could be better cause of higher octane fuels but you need to remember that european distances and driving routines are different to US-Style highway-miles.

I think it will be somewhere around 15/16 MPG if the pros and cons are added and you dont kick the hammer down all the time

EU gas is about the same quality as US gas, just the norms are different (EU 95 octane is roughly equivalent to US 91 octane).

Regarding milage specifications: US norms are far more "real world" than EU-ratings (which are IMHO worthless). The main difference will be the different driving style.

The radio and GPS will have to be converted. As long as this car is equipped with a 8.4" MyGig, it can be converted to EU frequencies and database by Customtronix (https://customtronix.com/). They also sell splitters for the conversion of the rear turn-signals from red to yellow.

Thank you for the feedback guys. Really appreciate it.

Except the navigation, radio frequencies and the turn signals is there anything else i should think of that needs a "conversion" ?

It depends...
Homologation works slightly different in every country, some examiners are more picky than others :roll:

I don't know about BG or CZ, in Austria I could think of:

1) Front lights. If the car is equipped with HIDs, it might become interesting (automatic leveling, spray nozzles...)
2) No yellow lights on the front side
3) Exceptions for missing "E" markings on all lights
4) Rear fog light (not common in the US, mandatory here)

Most cars from the US are equipped with a speed governor, frequently at ~ 105 mph. This can be corrected with a programmer (Diablo etc.). You might need to change the tires to the appropriate speed index.

You are aware the speedometer is marked in mph - not a big deal, you just have to memorize the conversion.

If you buy a car with US-history, you should have a look at carfax (https://www.carfax.com/) - they provide a very detailed car-history (for a fee) - just to make sure it's not a salvage title, a former rental car or bought back by lemon laws...

Hello everyone,
I have two questions regarding the vehicle i want to purchase - Charger R/T 2015.

1. From various websites i can see that the fuel consumption in the city is around 15-16 mpg, but that is on usa roads. What is the fuel consumption here in EU ? Taking in mind that we have a higher octane petrol.

2. Buying from USA means that the car's rear lights should be converted from red to yellow. I heard that there is a problem with the radio and the navigation system as well. So since AEC are offering dodge cars for European market, does that mean that we can easily swap parts? As the AEC charger comes with yellow turn signals.

Thanks in advance and i hope there are English speaking members here that can help me out

If your reseller in EU is AEC - everything will happen for you from the importer (AEC) - plus extras for the EU, Middle Asia or Asia Market, too ...
More infos : https://aeceurope.com
:lol:

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
Thank you everyone for the answers. It sucks that there are so many things that needs to be "fixed"

I have one more questions, although it may sound stupid to some of you. I have tested a SXT version here in Bulgaria and i was surprised that the side mirrors cannot fold. So every time you have to get out of the car and manually by hand push them open/close. The car was with basic equipment so i am not sure if automatic folding mirrors is not included in the different packages.

there is no version with an electrical option - from SE to Hellcat - no clue if you do it by your self...

cheers

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
Oben